- VISAs can be far more complex than they appear. Many people, especially students, lodge the application without realizing the complexities of the issues. They can end up applying for the wrong stream and being refused, or ending up with a shortened stay. Else they can miss key time of application requirements, such as mot providing evidence of English language testing. A late addition cannot be fixed after a certain date. A migration agent has the right checklist for every type of VISA an Stream.
- Migration rules change constantly. Last year’s option may no longer apply as a demand in labour may have become a surplus. Furthermore, few realize the different states have different migration plans; some potential migrants apply to one state with expectations based on the rules of a neighbouring state.
Recently the partners VISA requirements changed, with paper applications replaced by online applications.
- It can difficult to deal with the department of Immigration. The large number of immigrant applications means that most individuals are dealt with by internet communication only and rarely over the phone.
Applications are processed by a file examined by a team rather than by an individual case manager, so it is no longer easy to discuss special considerations with an individual.
Any application that lack documentation is refused or simply not processed.
Any department requests for further information are often hard for non-specalists to understand.
- You may need a backup plan. There might be more than one VISA option available, or you might have to choose between two mutually exclusive options. Constantly changing only further complicate this matter.
- You may only have one chance to apply. If you give misleading immigration information on a form there will be a 10 year ban on VISA approvals. Else, an onshore refusal (section 48 bar) will prevent any further applications from within Australia.
Migration rules can change after you lodge the application, leaving you unable to re-lodge.
Our immigration lawyer can provide up-to-date verification of all VISA applications, ensuring all appropriate documentation. A migration agent is the best chance of legal entry into Australia.